Friday, May 30, 2008

Pop Dem Corn: The Forbidden Kingdom

Straight to the point, I like. Intros aside for the eventual (I bloody hope not), I JUST had to rant on the inferior among blockbusters this May (yes, I have NOT watched Ironman; nor Indiana Jones.), which I was somehow 'forced' to watch with my cousin before she leaves back to the land down under. (Sweeney Todd wouldn't want to work![insert sad emoticon here.])


Deppy got kickety ='(


And I want 153 minutes of my life back. Really. The movie had a plot-wait, correction. I don't think it even HAD a plot in the first place.

Picture with me if you may. Spoilers ahead as well, but really, I'm merely convincing you NOT to watch this creation of horrid.

Boy visits geezer, boy falls with staff into the land of Ching-Chong-Chiang, boy travels with a drunkard, some monk and a girl we all know he's going to fall so mad in love with sooner or later, boy learns kungfu, villain kills girl, boy vengeances girl, boy comes back from land of Ching-Chong-Chiang, boy meets dead girl now alive in his world.

Sometimes, everything happens so fast we...wait. My cousin was asleep after 12 minutes of the movie.

.

...SOMETIMES, everything happens so fast I had no idea what was happening, and just stared at tipsy Jackie trying to make me laugh. It's either he tried too hard, or he wasn't trying at all. But hey, it's Jackie!

They put mop on head!


And they use Sun Wukong's staff as the main attraction of the whole movie. The hero wants it, the baddies want it, and my oh my, the ladies want it too. Now, is it me, or does everything sound...a little too PHALLIC? (I may be the dirty one, but deep down inside, I'm sure you had that in mind as well! :( Pervs.) Must have been called 'The Forbidden Condom' during the making.

Explains why Collin Chou has thick eyelashes and mascara a lot.


The movie isn't ALL that bad though. There's that Jackie/Jet battle and the girls (with their b!tchfights) aren't terribly of shame in their acting and charm.

I liek girlz wif whipz.


Oh, and they have really witty sayings and names for almost everything they can think of. One still tainting my head would be the 'Gate of No Gate'.







Colgate ah?


Verdict: D+

No comments: