Wednesday, January 21, 2009

(Not very) New Year Resolutions

I'm back in Singapore with basic knowledge of Mahjong and a cute lil' monkey that resembles moi :D (and of course, fun experiences!) Thank you Xiang for having me stay over!

But dreadful days lie ahead :( Being in the IMU Ball subcommittee, celebrating Chinese New Year, hospital electives...sigh. I've not even got to watch a single drama episode!

...And I've not been doing well with this blog :p Meh! And I thought 'blogging actively with the minimum of 100 words, with bonus of photos and pictures' would be a good resolution. Well it is, but I guess it's pretty difficult to achieve for me. :(

But now, what are the other resolutions I have in mind?


1. Gain weight to a minimum of 50kg.

BIG RESOLUTION: Reach 55kg. Now compared to you normal people, this feat to me is like counting grains of sand of Port Dickson.


Goddamnit, this would be quite a challenge. No matter how I try, I've only reached more than a hundred pounds on ONE occasion. And that was when my aunt's weighing scale was 5kg inaccurate.

Would exercising help? Eating EVEN more? And people, please don't suggest Appeton Weightgain unless you buy that for me. SO FREAKIN' EXPENSIVE.

I wouldn't mind having this as presents though. Jeen's Gain A Weight & More Charity Fund; such a nice ring to it.


2. Start driving again.

BIG RESOLUTION: Drive in an orange Jazz/Fit like this :D *hinthint*


The last time I sat behind the wheel was around 2 years ago. Would you like me to take you for a ride? :D I guarantee you'll reach your destination in one piece (of disoriented matter)!

Okay lah, I doubt my driving skills turned bad. Then again, I really gotta practice or I'll be all "What the hell does P in PRNDL?" That will be the day. And I won't have to rely on others for transportation then! (Peijin shall rejoice, Peijin shall rejoice.)


3. See Nino (Arashi, for that matter) in person.

BIG RESOLUTION: Get his autograph, hug him, have his babies. Kay, maybe an autograph would do.


This actually has a chance of being fulfilled, though it doesn't seem to be like a resolution. More like an achievement and squee of contentment. This is because the Stormy Boys may be coming down to either Malaysia or Singapore, so woopie! I can't WAIT to squeal with the other fangirls as they strut their stuff if they do make it.

And if they don't, the alternative would be to buy as many Nino-related merchandise as I can. So far, progress is good with a book and a very reasonably discounted drama :D And of course:


4. Go on a holiday in subarashi Japan.

BIG (BUT MUST FULFILL) RESOLUTION: Fight with the rival fangirls in getting Johnnu merchandise in Harajuku. Or maybe Kyoto, I don't know.


Though, this has a high chance of not being fulfilled, sadly, with the hectic (yet very honeymoon-y) Semester 4 and then bloody 5. Unless I go during summer, whereby Okinawa would be a good choice instead of Dreamland Tokyo. This also means I have to brush up my ub3r Japanese skillz of horror. Argh, yet another resolution? Ahh, my sakura, my nippon, my Nino~

Oh and what about other more...FOR THE BETTER OF LIFE resolutions? Of course, there's the usual...


5. Pass every single examination this year. (like the last! Woopie!)

BIG RESOLUTION: Nothing less than a B-, says Dorky Nino.


Well, I didn't fail a single paper last year, and I'll be hoping I'll strive hard for yet another successful year. GO ME!

There are many more resolutions which I intend to keep, but am just lazy to type out in detail. Such as:

-Progressively aiding my sister in Science (She better get As. :p)
-Brush up culinary skills (Siew Kim, I'm getting poor!)
-Stop being a Japanese/Cantonese/Mandarin newbie (Goodness, will THIS ever be fulfilled?)
-Send Peijin, Sue May, Kim Ling and Jia Xing off with a smile (I'm making this promise now!)
-Try (very hard) to go to Singapore (again) (Heck, with fun relatives and a great place, it's worth going back!)
-Sit a 360degrees rollercoaster for once (...stop laughing. Yes you.)

...and loads more, in fact. I just can't think of proper ways to put some of them, and I'll definitely have more as I survive through 2009 :)

Now, what are YOUR resolutions for the Year of the Golden Ox?

No comments: