Tuesday, July 22, 2008

@1U & Pop Dem Corn: The Dark Knight

Before ANYONE makes a reference to WHY SO SERIOUS?, no, it's NOT the most influential quote of the movie.

And the movie reeked worse than durian.

Surely even guano's not as bad!

...Aha I was only joking. Mostly about the latter though; my most memorable quote of the movie would be a spoiler.

I had tickets booked early Saturday to ensure actually having seats, despite watching on a weekday. And it was true, the box had a full house. Let's track back to the journey to 1U, I assure you it's almost as interesting as the movie itself. Almost as.

1. My aunt (I seem to always be having outings with my aunt. Hmm.) totally forgot we had to collect reservations 45 minutes before the movie. Movie was at 3.30. It was 2.15 then. Journey takes 30 minutes.

I guess you could pretty much calculate yourself :p

2. My aunt happily took a wrong turn.


Eh, were we heading for Jurong Bird Park or the Olympics already ah?


3. My aunt HAPPILY drove into the wrong parking lane. She drove into the lane where cars were COMING OUT(Goodness, we all screamed like hillbillies attempting to catch anacondas).

I had my fair share of bad luck as well.

4. I conveniently FORGOT the reservation numbers for the movie. And thankfully, a miracle occured whereby my out of juice phone miraculously received credit and I could call kar jie to get the details for me (thanks again! More Nerds for you next time).

All that and we still got the tickets. Yay us! Alright, back about the movie.

Why so serious, why so serious, WHY SO SERIOUS! :( This was such a good poster to not include.


I had anticipated The Dark Knight since trailers and teasers popped like mushrooms. Everything about it seemed so fine. The actors, the effects, everything. It was a must-watch, even though I embarrassingly did not for Batman Begins.

The movie kicked ass and more. The plot twists and suspenses were cleverly played. I serously don't want to spoil anything, but things are never what you expect in The Dark Knight.

Maybe I'll suddenly burst into millions of animal balloons! YOU'LL NEVER KNOW!


The actors were awesome, with much appreciation to the late Heath Ledger. The only person I had problem with would be Christian Bale as Batman when he talks.

He sounds like he needs heck load of Strepsils. I know it's voice manipulation and all but...as a matter of fact, I'll live. Things could have been worse.

Why so METROSEXUAL?


Seriously. This is the movie of 2008 so far, unless you're my aunt or Ah Ma.

Aunt: Ei, the movie not nice also.
Jeen: What? Are you serious? How come?
Aunt: I don't know what was going on also. Only CRASH BOOM PIANG and that psycho (Joker). So scary!

Jeen: Ah Ma, ho kua bo? (Grandma, was it nice to watch?)
Ah Ma: Wa ma na eh hiao kua? ing boon hi leh! (How would I know if it was? It's freakin' English!)

:p So yes, it's recommended. We should all watch such movies before we grow too old to appreciate them! :(


And guess who attempted to drive out of the parking mall through the entrance? :p True story.

Verdict: A+



No comments: