Monday, July 21, 2008

Living to Eat: Sweet Bean @ Sri Petaling

Durian's finally all gone; oh how I procastinate eventhough I'm ever so eager :( Here it is though, enjoy! :)

Last Wednesday (SEE, ALMOST A WEEK AGO. KIEN JEEN IS A LAZY BUM!) was my first clinical examination practice. Finally I got to be in the Clinical Skills Unit without being the patient. It was a fun experience, yaddayaddayadda AHH FOOD! (It's what everyone is waiting for anyways :p)

One of the many eateries which proved to be of great dining in Sri Petaling (provided you have the money) would be Sweet Bean. Christy, Huey Ning, it's not Red Bean (or the many other alternative names you come up with).

IT'S SWEET BEAN!

The bean in the logo not red also!


This place is located not too far from IMU, but not near enough to walk according to Kien Jeen's standards. I come up with pretty bad standards.


Sweet Bean provides a variety of food kinds, mostly Chinese fusion.



Here's their nasi minyak.



Here's the order...er of the nasi minyak. She said it was good. Then again, most food's good to her soooo... :p




Here's my cheese baked rice with chicken. I go for exquisite taste. I like pretending to be fancy rich.

Note; pretend.

And then sulk at my bankruptcy for the month. Anyways, back to our lovely dish.

As of EVERYTHING with cheese (sorry Tissy, but it's true!), it tasted wonderful.


What's to really go all squeamish upon though are they're variety of desserts.



Clockwise from the black liquid would be chee ma wu (however you pinyin sesame broth. I don't even know what it's called in English, alamak.), egg milk dessert pudding things with strawberries (I have NO creativity in descriptions. Ask me to draw, yes; but I can never describe to save my life), fa sang wu (peanut paste, this I know :p), and my delicious pumpkin pudding.

Of course, the puddings were awesome. Don't know about the wus, they weren't mine.

As horrid gluttons we always are, we ordered honeydew sago...iced...thing (I need to hire someone for this.) which looked like it came from Shrek.

What else were we to do if not to amaze at the artificially coloured ice before scoffing?

The melons are mine, all mine!!

"Mass is lime green and has gross, multiple polyps with enlarged nodules."


While I...



...look like a mutated rat about to pounce :p I make awkward faces la, I know!


Verdict: A-



No comments: