Sunday, June 15, 2008

Living to Eat: 6 to 10 Grill & Nasi Lemak @ Seksyen 17, Petaling Jaya

It's not the first time I've eaten at this place, nor I think it would be the last.



My dad firstly introduced this place to my family months back. It's a restaurant that sells cheap Western food at a lower price compared to classy places such as Victoria Station and San Francisco Steakhouse. My dad finds the food there tastier than the latter too. I'm somewhat agreeable to that, actually. And the most important thing is...



IT SERVES PORK. (no offense to the Muslims or anyone who cannot take it, but really, it's definitely startling and rare to find a restaurant like this.)

And we went there for dinner last night with my aunt (the same one who ate the Banana Caramel Walnut pancakes). It's a pretty comfortable place despite not having the appearance of a standard usual Western restaurant (it's a shoplot located below an apartment) but no one's complaining. The wait for food isn't of a Western restaurant standard either (which is to their customers' benefit for not waiting their butts for their dishes).

My sister got herself the sausages and eggs.



I tasted a (slice?) of one of them and thought it was really good...for a sausage. The sauce was a little salty though. My sister really enjoyed it, and she seldom gobbles down everything on her plate.

My aunt ordered her typical Grilled Fish (she ALWAYS orders something related to fish, including my mum. Is it a woman thing?)



The fish looked like fried eggs, but my aunt said it was not bad.

Both my dad and mum ordered the Grilled Pork Chop (Mummy didn't order fish!).



I've had that dish before, and to me, it's the more timid version of my usual (which will be shown to you very soon). It's really good with the pineapple sauce, but sometimes the meat's tougher than usual.

And I ordered the Grilled Pork Rib.

Massive, eh?


I often ordered this when I go there, as the portion's huge enough for my appetite and I love it a lot. The luscious meat with sweet pineapple sauce; the creamy whipped potato (which is replaced by fries if you order the Grilled Pork Chop); the crisp cucumbe-okay, I'm acting silly. But this is THE dish for me.

And then, their weakness.



For those looking forward to a good dessert, this might not be the place if you order their Banana Fritters with Ice Cream. It looks really special, and tastes REALLY special as well. Try it for yourself...if you want to.

Ever since dad introduced this place, we've always had the urge to go back, but sometimes do not (I believe in 'absence makes the heart grow fonder'). It's good (and to be frank, advised by the tauke himself) to come early to this place, as it gets quite packed at night. Oh, and their pumpkin soup's lovely too. Try this place if you're close by, it's definitely worth it.

Verdict: A- (and lower if I count the Banana Fritters)

No comments: