Thursday, June 12, 2008

Living to Eat: Pancake House @ Sunway Pyramid

My Ah Ma, aunt, sister and I were wandering around for a bite or two in Pyramid. I suggested J.Co, but my aunt wanted something more 'filling' and less colourful. So we went for the restaurant right next to it instead. (And I totally forgot Nicole talked about it 2 months ago.)

My home isn't a pancake house!


My aunt and sister (and actually, to be more precise, myself) ordered the Banana Caramel Walnut pancakes.



The bananas were really ripe and REALLY sweet, which truly accompanied the slightly salty and fluffy pancakes. Though, they could have given more walnut.

The Pancake House also serves pasta, rice and even breakfast sets. Ah Ma got herself the Salmon Fillet Rice.



I didn't have a taste on this one, but it looked a little too basic to me. The sauce had a strong yet yummy smell though.

While I got myself the Mango Crepes with Ice Cream! I wanted Blueberry Pancakes but they were all out :( Damnation!



I wonder where they get their fruits; since they're all SO GOODNESS SWEET! Even the ice cream was mild compared to the mango. I really liked the chocolate sauce, and this was a perfect match with the less sweet pancakes earlier (which 2/3 I scoffed. My stomach is bottomless.)

I ordered their Grape-Apple Ice Shake too. My aunt thought they'd use artificial flavouring and what not; she was wrong.



As you can see, the drink had real bits of grape and apples in it. There were even large pieces lingering for me to munch in the end. Though, the drink was REALLY freezing cold (ice shake ma, duh.) and its sweetness was washed away due to the overpowering mango crepe and pancakes. My advice is just to get water.

To wrap up, I'd say you should give this place a try. It's a little different from Paddington's, but you'll feel quite comfortable here (if not, their caption of 'Welcome home' tipu lo). The service is great, but I guess the food could be better for their pricey cost.

Verdict: B-


EDIT: Apparently the Star newspaper featured the Pancake House in today's (13 June 2008) Metro section. Page 34-35. Talk about coincidence.

No comments: